Village of Dane Burning Ordinance
294-8. Burning restrictions.
Editor's Note: Amended at time of adoption of Code (see Ch. 1, General Provisions, Art. II).
A. General regulations.
- There shall be no open or outdoor burning in the Village of Dane except in compliance with this subsection.
- Leaves, grasses and garden waste may be burned on private property from April 1 through May 15 and from October 1 through November 15, provided that there shall be no such burning on Sundays and that there shall be no such burning from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on any day. All such burning shall be done in a legal and safe manner, and no such fires shall be left unattended.
- Open fires are allowed for cooking, ceremonies or recreation. No such fires shall be left unattended. The only items burned in said fires shall be charcoal or wood.
- There shall be no container or burn barrel burning.
- There shall be no burning of trash or garbage.
- The Dane Fire Department is authorized to conduct outdoor burning for training purposes at any time, provided that prior approval of the Village Board is obtained and public notice of such burning is published in the Lodi Enterprise at least five days prior to said burning and provided that said burning is done in a legal and safe manner.
- Chief may prohibit. The Fire Chief is permitted to prohibit any or all bonfires and outdoor fires when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous.
- DNR burning restrictions. When the Wisconsin DNR implements burning restrictions in designated areas which include the Village of Dane, the Village of Dane hereby institutes the same burning restrictions.